The world's best cheesecake ... made in Orange!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Orange
March 21st 2010
Published: April 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 330 - Orange

This morning started with a strange sensation, one that I haven’t experienced for the past eleven months …… this morning I got the pangs of being homesick. That doesn’t mean to say that we haven’t previously missed home, family or friends - we have - but we were both enjoying ourselves so much and relishing the change in environment that you just bounce along. This morning however the spring was momentarily missing, from my bounce at least.

I know what will put it right, a walk! Jane and Tony shared one of their morning walks with us and we found ourselves strutting off towards Cook Park taking in the Duntry League Golf Club along the way. It’s peaceful in the city this morning and we don’t meet many people out and about.

There’s a BBQ organised for the afternoon so Jane & Tony crack on with the preparations once we return to the house. We’re pulling off our normal cheese board number plus we’ve got some party pie additions - very twee aren’t we!

Before everyone else arrives we’re treated to a visit from a lady called Annie who originally comes from Gloucester in the UK but is now settled in Orange with her family. She’s still got her gorgeous Gloucestershire accent and it’s lovely to chat about the area where she & I were both brought up in our younger years. She’s got other commitments for this afternoon which is a great shame but it was lovely to meet this warm & welcoming lady before she had to get going.

The BBQ guests were Val & Chris, Liz & Alec, Em & Ian plus Ron. It’s a good group and the conversation flows easily with talk of the various trips we all seem to have undertaken. Em (Jane and Tony’s youngest daughter) is in the early stages of wedding preparations along with fiancée Ian (top bloke) and soon the ladies have broken away from the group to discuss ideas of dresses and venues. It all sounded very exciting.

We chatted with the chaps outside and enjoyed hearing about their trips over the past few years too. We were pretty close to crossing paths with Chris & Val last year whilst they travelled through WA, there seemed to be only weeks between us in various places!

The best ‘thing’ about
BBQ funBBQ funBBQ fun

Em, Ian, Sarah, Darryl, Alec, Ron (who is behind Ian sadly), Tony, Chris, Val, Liz and Jane
today was in no doubt though, the cheesecake made by Ian (and Em) was absolutely the best cheesecake we’ve ever tasted in our lives! Good on you both - email the recipe if you get a chance!

So there it was, another beautiful Australian BBQ (but without the prawns!) with fine company. Thanks to everyone for making such a great effort for us, it was much appreciated.

Dar and Sar


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0708s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb