Nice and Easy


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Newcastle
September 20th 2013
Published: July 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

The Belmont WharfThe Belmont WharfThe Belmont Wharf

One more Robyn and I think this is the last.
Geo: -32.9272, 151.776

We awoke to a beautiful day and the temperature 24o tops, relaxed and did washing before going to the Belmont Wharf. Robyn and Trev, I managed to get another photo of a Wharf on the Macquirie Lake, huge area and a pretty area, which was a block away from the Park we are staying at. We then went to a park along the edge further up where we could see people Kite Skiing, looked like they were having fun.

The Caravan Park backs onto Belmont Lake so is surrounded by water except for a strip of Land were the Pacific Highway runs through, with land on either side one or two blocks deep. We did not bother to walk to the Belmont Lake after hearing a lady from the park, telling parents in a cottage behind us, not to let the children play close to the fencing, because the snakes are on the move and have shed their skins. That was all we needed to know.

We went Op Shopping and found a great Salvation army store, it was huge and had some great stuff. On paying for our things the lady asked if we had a loyalty card?
 Nauti and Nice Nauti and Nice Nauti and Nice

Webby thought of you when Mick spotted this shop. Pacific Highway, Belmont
When I said no, she then told us that if we had one you could get 50 per cent of the next six purchases. The loyalty cards work in NSW and QLD, not VIC, unfortunately. Mick thought about asking if they take the seniors card but decided he had better not. We could not get over The Salvation Army having loyalty cards.

The traffic on the Pacific was thick at times, Mick driving was trying to turn, waited for quite a while, then took off over the cement medium strip, whoops did not see it, amazing what he can get away with in the ute!!

At one of the op shops Mick noticed an interesting shop over the road, I asked if that would be one Webby would be interested in? Mick wasn't interested, so that was okay. I took a photo for you Webby!!

We bought a few groceries, and prawns for tea tonight, then came back to the caravan park for a nap. Nice and easy today, which has been good for us. Last night their was a lot of noise, with roadworks being done outside the Park, we even felt vibration in the van.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Kite SurfingKite Surfing
Kite Surfing

They were going quite fast, looked like fun
Macquarie Yacht ClubMacquarie Yacht Club
Macquarie Yacht Club

Water sports are the name of the game around here, lucky buggers.
Tonights Feed of PrawnsTonights Feed of Prawns
Tonights Feed of Prawns

He had managed to peal 6 before I could start, may explain the grin


20th September 2013

Sounds like you guys are having a ball GO CATS TONIGHT DAD
20th September 2013

Good to hear from you, we are having a ball and I told Dad today you were the one that introduced me to op shops. Dad loves it and found a dozen on the internet today, that we could pick from. Love to you all
20th September 2013

Mick ...............now come on pick up your game and use the Seniors Card at every chance. PS. Nice wharf
20th September 2013

I thought the seniors card at the Salvos was a bit rough and Naughti But Nice wouldn't take it either.
20th September 2013

His full of ?.because if he had tried he would not be here with me now
21st September 2013

Great pictures, dad looking a little red? Love u
21st September 2013

Mick - are you sure it was the road works that were rocking the van?
21st September 2013

I think that was the XXX place originally called Nautical & Nice when I last passed through - but found it was full of dirty old seaman so just kept on going ........
21st September 2013

Cannot top that one, Webby

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb