Less Than A Month To Go - South Africa 2017


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Newcastle
December 18th 2016
Published: December 18th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Less than a month to go until South Africa - we've had a bit of a wobbly last week and we're a little concerned about the trip at the moment.

The spouse decided to hang himself by his wedding ring at the warehouse last weekend and (in the Doctor's words) "partially amputated and completely de-gloved" his ring finger.. This happened last Saturday and Sunday he had surgery to basically put his finger back together.. He has a metal rod inserted in the bone to keep it straight whilst it heals and that needs to be removed after 6 weeks. That means that it will still be here for the trip which is concerning. It means he can't surf which is a big bummer for him - but not necessarily a deal breaker, but the risk of infection is very high as the bone was exposed and he has the metal rod protruding from his finger. As most travelers know, travel insurance will not cover you if the injury is pre-existing which means if he does get an infection whilst traveling he won't be covered - hence it's a big risk..

We see the surgeon for follow-up this Thursday and will learn more then.. and I guess make a decision.. Hell, this blog may be over before it even begins!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb