At Home With The Clement's and Ollie The Dog


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Newcastle
July 31st 2010
Published: July 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our drive up from Sydney to Newcastle took about 2 hours and we arrived to a warm welcome by Sarah, Imi and Katie. We settled in and had our first aussie BBQ with Neil doing the cooking. After a little catching up and teaching Neil and Sarah to play poker we retired to bed to get rested for a busy following day.
The first full day in Newcasle started with some unpacking followed by a drive round the area with myself Sue, Chris, Sarah and Neil, Katie remained home studying while Kayleigh and Imi went to school for the day. The first stop on our tour was a view of Newcastle beach and a drive to Nobby's Point where we stopped on the beach and Chris and Neil did some body boarding.
After catching a few rays we drove onto Black Butt Nature Reserve where we saw various animals including Wombat's, Koala's and various native birds.
Reserve done we headed to the local shopping centre to buy a few bits and meet up with the girls after school.
The evening was spent out down at West's which is a local members club with canteen style food counters and hundreds of slot machines. We all went for the roast dinner option and Sue was relieved to finnally get some vegatables in her diet. while we were eating and drinking Kayleigh and Imi had gone down to the local Ice scating rink where Imi works to have a skate round and improve on Kayleighs technique, we then all returned home together to prepare for another long day sight seeing. Another fun had two days on our tour down under.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.284s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0672s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb