BLUES IN MY SYSTEM...FEELING GOOD...Great Southern Blues Festival 2013


Advertisement
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Narooma
October 24th 2013
Published: October 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

BLUES IN MY SYSTEM...FEELING GOOD...Great Southern Blues Festival 2013. The M.C. bounded onto the stage...leant into the mike and said "How good was that? Amazing talent...and he's only 16." The guitarist leant into the mike and said "Fifteen actually." The crowd yelled "more...more". Denise and I were staggered...have followed his career ever since...got all his CDs. That gig was 14 year... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 135, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




24th October 2013

Hey rocker
ahh! Dancing One another good music festival shared...love the t-shirts what a unique way of seeing the weekend...see you at the next gig
24th October 2013

see you at the next gig
My dance partner...we saw Wolf Mail at the Basement in Sydney just after the Great Southern Blues Festival...Wolf was on fire that night...and next Tuesday we're seeing Dave Hole at Lizottes. How about you joining me for a cruise in the Caribbean? Get some more Blues in our system...feeling good?
24th October 2013
POPA CHUBBY

Blues In His System
Yep - I think you made a good choice for the top spot with this one - definitely a story in this image.
25th October 2013
POPA CHUBBY

Blues In His System
Hi Jo. Always a hard choice as to the opener when I have heaps of pics to choose from...yep...I like this one too. And with all the pics of T shirts in this blog, I hope to score a cracker in the Caribbean to wear at the 2015 GSBF...gotta look my best I reckon!
25th October 2013
DENI BLUES 2013

More than just a dancer.
This guy seemed to stand out in amongst that lot. Looks a bit suspect to me.
25th October 2013
DENI BLUES 2013

More than just a dancer.
What? The good lookin' one...definitely more than just a dancer!!!
25th October 2013

"Touring the USA"...
We hope you have time to come this way! Would that be early 2016 if you are spending Christmas with your son in Dec 2015? By the way, my Mom's from Toronto...spent many vacations there during college with relatives...not sure why I didn't become a Canadian...I wouldn't have had to worry about the draft! We are concerned about the fires around Sydney and hope you are safe.
25th October 2013

"Touring the USA"...
You guys are in our discussions for a visit to Colorado...a bit of Home & Away. Christmas in Toronto would be Xmas 2014 & USA Jan 2015. Hope we can make it happen.
25th October 2013

You have to go to Woodford!
I don't care how great this festival was, if you haven't been to Woodford, you haven't lived. If you don't love it, I will refund your money.
25th October 2013

You have to go to Woodford!
What...Popa Chubby goes to Woodford??? You're pulling my leg!!! Yeh, I hear Woodford is fantastic...Mike & Ros that went to Mali with us swear by it. But...do you get t-shirts as good as I got at GSBF...or blues that takes you to heaven & return?
25th October 2013

What came first: dancing or music?
Looks like great fun was had by all! No wonder you started the Girls, girls, girls music forum!
25th October 2013

What came first: dancing or music
Hi Alma. As I hope some think of me as more than just a dancer...actually the blues in my system came first...never got rhythm until I danced through Mali & Ethiopia...Denise says I've always danced to my own ectopic beat. You live in Africa...where music & dance mixes with air...mmmm.
25th October 2013
ROY DANIELS

fun gigs...good times! amazing photos to go with it, as usual :) keep dancing! x
25th October 2013
ROY DANIELS

fun gigs...good times!
Hi Tynnie. I also have the pleasure of having a doctor who encourages these activities to promote wellbeing...even says I should have 3 to 4 holidays a year and not just 1...guess if I get into trouble I can say I'm following medical advice!
25th October 2013

A year earlier...great!
Colorado in the winter is skiing...do you and Denise ski? Otherwise, we can just enjoy time together, take in local scenery with hikes, and perhaps take a road trip. Just south and west of here...Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and California...the weather will likely be more conducive to traveling...and has many great national parks. I would suspect there aren't many Blues Festivals during the winter, but you are the expert on that. Keep us in mind!
26th October 2013

A year earlier...great!
Sounds like an offer too good to refuse Bob. We'll be in touch.
26th October 2013

Incredible photos!
I've really got to hand it to you--listening and moving to heavenly music and managing to take out-of-this-world photos--what a dance! You're a fine juggler!
26th October 2013

moving to heavenly music
Thanks Tara. I have a lot to learn to get to the quality of Murray Foote's concert pics but I really enjoy the pics of the other festival goers. The music this year was blues at its best.
26th October 2013

In your element!
I have been so busy at work I have gotten out of touch with my blog reading, but this one popped up and I knew it would be a great read. And it was! What a blast you and Denise have had! Love your photos too.
26th October 2013

In your element!
Can't get enough of it Rachael...another gig coming up on Tuesday...the secret of Wellbeing in our books
28th October 2013

I may be from Africa, but my rhythm was given to the rest of the Africans as unlike you, I cannot dance to save my life. I do believe though, that we would all be lost without music.
28th October 2013

my rhythm was given to the rest of the Africans
Don't believe it Alma...sounds as if you've lost it...need to take the time to find it...and then...karoomba
5th November 2013

Fantastic photos!
What an incredible development in your photography between your last concert blog and this one! I can understand why you were so proud of your efforts when we talked a little while ago. So many images possess such great lighting, framing and a moment so beautifully captured.
6th November 2013

Fantastic photos!
Thanks for your encouragement Shane. I didn't get the ISO right the first night which really disappointed me when I looked at the shots on my computer but was glad I had changed the settings for the next night as they came out much better. This has given me the springboard to ger better & better (hopefully). So thanks also for your help on the technicals. I really love the T-shirt shots though!!!

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 19; qc: 38; dbt: 0.0724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb