28 October 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Merimbula
October 28th 2012
Published: October 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Pancakes and coffee to start Sunday and the early morning cloud cleared by the time we set off to see the sights. The town is set around Merimbula Lake and it is a lovely coastal spot for those wishing to get away from the hustle and bustle of the big smoke.

We browsed a few bookstores before coming across a coffee shop in prime position by the water and enjoyed another coffee in the sun (starting to think I may be addicted to the early morning heart starters). From there we walked to a park near the town jetty and enjoyed the view out to the Tasman Sea.

In the afternoon I took advantage of the indoor heated pool and spa back at the caravan park. I'd walked past a few times without giving it much thought but when I finally decided to venture inside it was like opening the fridge for that leftover fritz from yesterday and finding a fresh lamb shank for the taking. The facilities were top notch and the water spot on the money.

Rachel needed to complete some work so I set off for another walk and this time headed to Short Point and had fantastic views along the coast towards Tura Beach.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb