Kingscliff (15 - 17 April)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Kingscliff
April 24th 2009
Published: April 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

North Kingscliff BeachNorth Kingscliff BeachNorth Kingscliff Beach

Thomas trying his hand at shotput
We only had a short trip northwards from Byron Bay to stay at Kingscliff North Caravan Park. We originally planned to stay here for two nights but ended up staying three as it was such a nice spot and it also gave us a bit more time to catch up with Maree and Genevieve who live in Kingscliff. Genevieve is the same age as Annelies - Alex and Maree met at pregnancy stretch classes in Darwin in 1998 and have kept in touch ever since.

After setting up camp we walked on the very short track across the sand dunes from the caravan park to the beach. It was an un-patrolled beach with reasonably large surf and a few rips, so Annelies and Thomas kept fairly close to shore while Mark caught a few 'dumpers' a bit further out. Around 4pm we headed to Maree's place for a lovely catch up and roast dinner. Although Annelies and Genevieve have only seen each other once or twice since Maree left Darwin in 2001, they got on like a house on fire.

We arrived back at the caravan park very late but had a nice relaxing time the next day (Thursday) and spent quite a bit of time back at the nearby beach.

On Friday we met up with Maree and Genevieve once again, this time at the main Kingscliff Beach. We had a late lunch of fish & chips with no sauce - Annelies was most upset about the lack of sauce but the lunch was yummy nonetheless!

It was great catching up with Maree while Genevieve and Annelies have vowed to become pen pals.

On Saturday we drove up through Brisbane towards the Sunshine Coast hinterland.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0769s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb