Slow trip Toowoomba to Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Kiama
February 21st 2014
Published: February 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day two of our visit to Kiama and we have decided to make the most of the fantastic weather while we can and did a round trip from Kiama to Minnamurra Rainforest walk and falls then the Illawarra Sky walk then the heritage town of Robertson then Kangaroo Valley and then back to Kiama via Nowra and Berry.

What a great trip it was. Spectacular scenery and views that went on forever.

We are definitely getting our exercise on this trip as in total we did approx. 7km. We thank our lucky stars we are still healthy and fit enough to do and see all these things.

First up was the Minnamurra Rainforest walk. We can definitely say we are glad we paid for a two year National Parks pass as it saved us entry fees on many occasions and after our walk here you can see where the fees are going. The park itself is a wonderful credit to National Parks for all the hard work they do installing the 2.7km of walkways and suspension bridges. All above the ground and the maintenance costs must be horrendous.

We also came across a welcome surprise of a male Lyre Bird in full courtship dance for his prospective girlfriend. He had his tail fully fanned out and was doing the whole stomp/dance and calling courtship. If that didn't win her over nothing was going to.

We then continued on the walk (quite steep in places) to the falls and again were not disappointed. See photos.

After our visit to Minnamurra we then headed for the Illawarra Sky walk.

Again another very spectacular spot to visit, but make sure you don't suffer from vertigo as it is a long way off the ground with the 108 stairs above the actual sky walk up the tower to the top viewing platform. The cantilever at the end of the sky walk can also be quite exhilarating as it bounces and sways considerably when walked on.

From there we headed towards the township of Robertson and then historic Kangaroo Valley.

The whole trip had excellent views over the Illawarra valley.

Enjoy the photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb