Minnamurra Falls and "The Fly"


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Kiama
October 23rd 2009
Published: December 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a very big day out. We drove North stopping in at Kingsford Smith Memorial Lookout at Gerroa. The view from the cemetery was fabulous. We then drove up into the Budderoo National Park (after getting a little bit lost) to visit the Minnamurra Falls. The walk to the Falls took us over 2hours and is more than 4kms. It was beautiful walking through the rainforest. We saw some lyrebirds and water dragons along the way.
After our lovely walk to the Falls we drove up to the Jambaroo lookout and had lunch. After our lunch stop we visited the 'Illawarra Fly Tree Top Walk'. Bob and Tracy did not wish to do the walk so Steve and I continued on our own. It was quite scary being up so high. The floor of the 'walk' is a metal grate so you can see all the way down to the valley floor below. When we reached the tower I didn't think I would be able to climb it but eventually I overcame my fear and I climbed the many narrow stairs to the top. The view from the top was fantastic. I am so glad that I did it.
Budderoo National ParkBudderoo National ParkBudderoo National Park

We hiked to the Minnamurra Falls
On the way home we called in to see the Kiama blowhole but the tide was low so it was not working.
What a great day, very interesting.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Jambaroo LookoutJambaroo Lookout
Jambaroo Lookout

We stopped here for lunch
Wake up RobertWake up Robert
Wake up Robert

Robert had a nap while we walked the 'Fly"
Kiama BlowholeKiama Blowhole
Kiama Blowhole

No waves today, The tide was too low


11th December 2009

now did they give you a mat to slide down the tower?? some very beautiful scenery.
19th December 2009

What a long day out!!
And I am amazed how high you climbed - you must have been worn out at the end of it all!! It looked scarey!

Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 68; dbt: 0.137s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb