Magical Mystery Tour...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Katoomba
June 23rd 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The love bugThe love bugThe love bug

Our faithful van in its garish glory
So after alot of anticipation we finally picked up our campervan yesterday. Nine days to get to Melbourne and thankfully its not as offencive as it could have been, slightly beacon-ish in colour but ok. It is some kind of aborigional lizard. First stop for us was the Blue Mountains and Katoomba. The journey was ok and was just over an hour and a half plus a minor detour so I could see the Sydney Olympic park. Wasn't as interesting as I thought it would be! We got to Katoomba just before sunset and headed straight for Echo Point which is a lookout over the Jamison Valley and you can also see a rock formation called the 'Three Sisters'. An incredible sight an you could see for miles across the valley which does live up to its name, the Eucaliptus trees create a blue haze on the horizon.

We then headed to the town centre looking for food supplies and a place to park up for the night which was much harder than we first thought, there are so many restrictions ect. In the end, after alot of looking, we came across a perfectly unsuitable place on an uphill slope
Sexy BackSexy BackSexy Back

Was bizzare driving around with this blazened across the back of the van (others were much worse though!!!)

Sexy Back
Was bizzare driving around with this blazened across the back of the van (others were much worse though!!!)near a pub. We never thought beforehand, but the mountains were much colder than we thought at this time of year! Seven layers of blankets and huddled together and we were still freezing, and emerged the next morning to frost all over the van. Luckily the sun was out and warmed us up a bit during the day and we went for a walk over to the Three Sisters and down the 'Giant Staircase', not giant in the way we thought, but just a very long, narrow and winding path down the cliff face to the bottom of the valley on perrilously small steps! The voews were incredible though and well worth it.

This evening we had found a nice big casino car park to stay in, in a town call Penrith but we were politely chased away by security so are mow hiding behind a bush in the van on a residential street waiting for morning...



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The Blue MountainsThe Blue Mountains
The Blue Mountains

I told you they looked blue!
Three SistersThree Sisters
Three Sisters

With a new friend...


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0577s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb