Jervis Bay (26-28 February)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Jervis Bay
March 2nd 2009
Published: March 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We headed north from Ulladulla on Thursday, hoping to stay at Greenpatch in Booderee National Park. However, the camp ground was booked out over the weekend (it was expected to warm up on Saturday), so we had to look for somewhere else to stay. We rang a few places in Huskisson and Woollamia, but ended up staying at Myola Tourist Park on the northern side of the bay.

We drove up through the Bay on the way to Myola, stopping at Hyams Beach, which boasts the whitest sand in the world (we've seen several others just as white!). We walked along the white sand of Chinamans Beach in nearby Jervis Bay National Park but it was still too cold to swim (at least for us). We drove through Huskisson and were glad we didn't stay here as it seemed a bit commercialised.

We drove back out to Princes Highway via Woollamia as we had to cross over Currambene Creek to get to Myola (via Callala Beach). Myola was just a small village on the northern side of the creek, but the caravan park had a pool and tennis court that we made use of when it warmed up on
Chinamans BeachChinamans BeachChinamans Beach

That's not us swimming!
Saturday. On Saturday morning we took advantage of the warm weather and light offshore winds and headed up to Culburra Beach. It was not overly crowded despite the local surf life saving club having their practise session plus quite a few 'grommit's taking to the surf. The sea breeze came in and strengthened around lunch time so we headed back to Myola.

Afterwards, we bought a few tickets in the raffle organised by the local Myola fishing club run from the caravan park. There were two fish platers for prizes and Annelies & Thomas got to draw the winning tickets. Although they didn't draw our tickets, Annelies drew the ticket of our next door neighbours, John & Joanne from Parramatta, who ended up giving us half their prize. We baked a large Morwong in foil on the BBQ for dinner, which was big enough to feed all four of us, while we did the same with a smaller Morwong and Flathead the following night. They were delicious.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb