Megan and Dusty's Wedding


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Jervis Bay
February 14th 2009
Published: March 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Here are some of the pictures from Brett's sister Megan's wedding. Brett was best man for Dusty and I was maid of honour... or I guess matron of honour, but that sounds a little funny and old...

After a few days of drizzly grey weather the day of the wedding managed to keep dry, with only a little drizzle just after the ceremony. But all in all the weather held so everyone was thankful for that. The wedding was beautiful and was held on one of the beaches just near the caravan park we were all staying in so we were able to walk right from there. And we all even joked that Megan was even 5 minutes early for the ceremony, and if you know Megan at all, that is quite amazing! ha ha! She did a good job.

Brett and Megan's cousin Mick and his wife Nikki's little girl Madison who is just 2 was flower girl, and she was adorable. She was playing in the sand, filling up her dress, her shoes, my shoes and anything she could with sand. Once the ceremony was finished we all headed to the main harbor in Huskisson which was about a 10 minute walk away, and climbed about Dolphin Wild Boat cruises for what was supposed to be a 2 hour boat cruise with nibblies and drinks. But with mother nature you never quite know... it ended up being a very rough day in the bay, and even though there were a tonne of dolphins out and cruising at the front of the boat, it didn't make things any better for about 5 people on the boat who were a bit seasick to say the least... And the 2 hour cruise turned into a 5 hour cruise because of an extremely low tide in the harbor so we weren't able to dock, much to the disappointment of the seasick passengers!). But we eventually made it in, and back to the bbq, drinks and dry, stable land.

(There are a few pages of photos, so if you want to see them all, click on one photo and you will be able to see them all in one separate window.)

A late night was followed up by an Aussie bbq breakfast the next morning. For some of us anyway...

Most of us hung around for another few days in Jervis Bay, and then it was time for everyone to head back home or hit the road. The newlyweds headed up to the Gold Coast for 5 days for their honeymoon and we made our way south to the Sapphire Coast at the southern end of the state of New South Wales, and the town of Merimbula for 5 days with Brett's parents for some much needed R & R.

(There a few pages of photos, so if you want to see all of them, you can click on one of the photos and they will appear in one separate window.)



Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.087s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb