A bit of a whirlwind...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Jervis Bay
February 13th 2009
Published: February 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well it's been a whirlwind couple of weeks since we left Crescent Head...

The day we left the central coast of NSW, we drove through Sydney stopping at the airport to pick up Brett's sister, Megan and her boyfriend Dusty who flew in from South Korea, for their wedding over here on February 14th. They arrived on a beautiful Sydney day, to sun and blue sky and temperatures in the low 30's. Much better than the winter weather they had left in Korea! We spent the next couple days showing them a few sights around Wollongong and enjoying the hospitality again of Brett's Aunty Shell and Uncle Dennis. Think they would get sick of all these visitors all the time!

Brett's parents arrived from Vancouver on the 4th and it was great to see them. Been awhile! Well even longer for Brett since I went back to Vancouver in October, but it's been over a year for him. So it was great to catch up. It was a busy few days in Wollongong getting everything ready for the wedding before we all were heading down to for a week to Jervis Bay where the wedding was happening. The temperatures in Wollongong and Sydney were reaching the mid to upper 30's, one day was 39 degrees which was pretty steamy! Not as hot though as inland areas of Sydney where the temps were reaching 44 degrees. So was nice to be a bit closer to the coast where it was slightly cooler. The temperatures were even warmer down south in Victoria where Melbourne reached 46 one day, and they have had some horrific bush fires about hour half east of Melbourne where total towns have been wiped out and the loss of life has been devasting.

Brett's cousins (Shelly and Dennis's kids and their families) flew in from Queensland on Wednesday, so it was a very full house for one night and then we all headed down to Jervis Bay. We are all staying in a caravan park that is right on the water in the town of Huskisson and it is such a beautiful spot. The bay is right out front and you can see dolphins playing in the water. There is a really great path that follows the bay from Huskisson to the town of Vincentia, which is about 4km. So great for walks, bike rides or jogs which we have been doing most days. Funny to be back here at this time because it is the same spot where at this time last year my parents had rented a house for a month. Would have been great if they were here too!

The weather wasn't the greatest once we got down to Jervis Bay, a bit rainy and drizzly most days, but we all still had a good time catching up. Brett's cousins, and his Pop (who is almost 93 and you couldn't tell!) and Nan, and Megan and Dusty were all staying in cabins at the caravan park - which aren't really "cabins", they are really nice self contained little units, while the rest of us were in our caravans. So there has been a lot of happy hours, barbequing, card games in the last week.

The wedding pictures will follow in the next blog...


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.103s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb