Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Hay
April 5th 2010
Published: April 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone, Pam & I left Mornington on Wednesday 31st Mch and headed for Echuca. We stayed there at Bill & Marions place (a small 5 acre farmlet) where we were made very welcome.
On Wed night Bill & Marion took us to the Rich River Country Club where we all (including Pam) played
indoor carpet bowls. It was a great night.

On Thursday 1st April, in the morning we went shopping for food and fuel in Echuca, Bill and Doug played bowls in the afternoon. We all went out to dinner at the Sporties Club in Moama, came home and watched the footy on TV.

Friday, 2nd April, we got up early and prepared for our next leg to Oxley. We left a t 10-00am and called in to see Pam’s cousin Rob in Echuca on the way. It was a pleasant drive except for running over a dead kangaroo, miscalculating the height, and spraying the van with its remains. I spent an hour washing it off when we got to Oxley. (Oxley Lodge is an old former Resturant on 200 acres, backing onto the Lachlan River, approx 90 kms north west from Hay.) The property is owned by our son Steve and several of his mates). It was great to catch with our son Steve, his family and friends.

Saturday, 3rd April, we had a nice cooked breakfast, and spent the morning sitting around and chatting.
After lunch the boys tried to get the suction pump from the river going to fill up the tanks. This took a while but got it going eventually. Our granddaughter Tayla cruised around on her pink quad bike as if she had been on it her whole life. We all went bush bashing in the 4 wheel drives just before sunset with a group of us in the back tray. We got bogged twice in the marshy saltbush but got out OK. After that we had a lovely barbecue tea.

Sunday, 4th April, I spent the morning sorting and categorizing all of the songs on my i touch (1558 of them). In the afternoon I made some alterations to the satellite TV aerial to get it to work more efficiently, and re-arranged our belongings to make them more accessable along the way.
Had dinner and went to bed early as we were all a little tired from all of the days activities.

I am still working out how to put in photos.

Regards, Doug

Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Tot: 1.924s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:saturn w:www (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb