Slow trip Newcastle to Toowoomba


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Grafton
December 19th 2013
Published: December 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day 6.

Today was our last day at the White Albatross in Nambucca Heads and if time had permitted we would have stayed longer. A thoroughly enjoyable stay. A great location and met quite a few friendly fellow travellers who were also enjoying the whole experience.

The early morning walks were not only great exercise, but delivered some of the best scenery and sunrises as per the photos.

I must say the weather has also been spectacular and we seem to be taking it with us wherever we go. Lets hope it sticks with us.

We did the reasonably short morning trip up the highway to Grafton and have now set up camp at the Grafton Greyhound Racing Club grounds for a couple of nights so we can have a bit of a look around the area. We have only ever been straight through Grafton previously and decided it was time for us to have a better look.

It was an experience navigating across the Grafton (very tight & bendy) bridge into the city with heavy traffic going both ways and the van sitting right on eight feet wide, there wasn't a great deal of room remaining when we came across a semi coming the other way. 😊

I read about this stop in Camps 6 and on the Net and thought I would give it a try. At $23/night I must say it is a pretty good deal. Facilities OK with a small laundry etc. and good grassed/shaded area to set up camp with power and water etc. Not that far from the main centre of town either.

The grounds caretaker tells us they are having Greyhound trials tomorrow morning so we may get the added bonus of watching the dish lickers do a few laps of the ground chasing a fictitious rabbit. We may even get a few photos for tomorrows blog.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



23rd December 2013

The views
are beautiful.

Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 21; qc: 108; dbt: 0.1339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb