Gerroa....Seven miles of beach, 1.5hrs from Sydney! Seaview Apartments


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Gerringong
April 14th 2013
Published: May 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Gerroa-Berry-Gerringong


There is something particularly refreshing about waking up by the sea. Each morning when I woke up in Gerroa, I could see the Pacific Ocean and seven miles of beach from my bedroom!



A morning walk with a fresh sea breeze to kick start the day, and I was a happy traveller! The waves were crashing over the headland rocks, and there was nothing but ocean as far as the eye could see.



Just an hour and a half's drive south from Sydney and I was in small town New South Wales, with a view over seven mile beach...yes, it is seven miles long! (and no, I did not make it to the end and back!!)



After my time in Sydney itself, I took a trip down the coast to the town of Gerroa, to stay at a lovely apartment owned by friends. After an easy drive, we were chilling in the apartment overloooking the ocean and the beach. There have been sightings of whales and dolphins out in the bay, but I wasn't lucky enough to see them this time. Gerroa is a small town, with a couple of shops and a fishermans club. The nearest bigger town is Gerringong.



On a sunny morning, my friend and I took a short twenty minute drive to the beautiful town of Berry. We had a delicious brunch in a streetside cafe, and then wandered through the shops which were unique and not your typical high street stores, so it was great wandering round and shopping a bit. It's a very relaxed place, and a quaint holiday town. Lovely! Lots of coffee shops, tea/chocolate shops, home ware shops etc.



Back in Gerroa, we took my friend's son to the playground a couple of times and to see the wildlife down the road. We spent a morning down at the beach watching all the surfers and paddle-boarders come and go. A great place for a one-and-a-half year old to have a good run around!!



We were there for just a couple of days, but it was the perfect place to relax and unwind. Especially coming from Hong Kong, which is a frantic fast paced city. Gerroa provided the exact opposite - calm, small and beautiful as well. A perfect escape to spend quality time with friends/family!



(This is the booking site: http://www.stayz.com.au/12824)

JHG


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb