Trip to Eden!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Eden
March 5th 2011
Published: March 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After our little stop off in Orbost, we headed out of Victoria and into NSW on the 25/02/2011.

There wasn't a great deal to see between Orbost and Eden, very sleepy little country towns, blips on the map!

We got to Eden and headed straight for the information booth, then sat outside the info booth on a table and chairs and made ourselves salad sandwhiches (it's a tough life this travelling!)

We made our way to the "Fountain Caravan Park", so called because of the huge fountain out the front lol.

Drove in, picked a site and began to set up the van. Parked near us were a french couple travelling with their third wheel french mate with all their stuff sprawled all over their site and no van. We had a bit of a chat and it turns out after driving only 700km, they'd broken their gear box and had to stay in Eden for a week (poor people!) waiting for the mechanic to have time to fix it. They got it back that day at 4:30pm and as they'd planned, headed straight to Melbourne! (WOW! as I type Mr Whippy is going through my caravan park haha!)

We had a dip in the pool and otherwise just mooched around the rest of the night. The next day, we packed up and drove further up the coast to Merimbula, a beautiful, hip, young town with lots to see and do. We kicked ourselves for staying in Eden, the retirement village, and not Merimbula!

Did a bit of shopping, got a new doona cover for $9.50!! We only bought one however because a few days prior we were changing the bed sheets and realised we have about 10 pillow cases, 2 sheets and one doona cover haha!

Whilst in Merimbula, I went to the information centre to ask about surf breaks for brady, and much to Brady's excitement realised that there is actually books you can buy detailing all surf breaks in Australia, so I bought him one. Such a great girlfriend I am :-)!

We did a bit of grocery shopping and we headed on our way...By the way, the day we were in Merimbula it was ridiculously hot and muggy, which doesn't make for a 100% wonderful experience, but was nice nonetheless!

B,L,M xx (So tempted to buy Mr Whippy, I'm regressing to my childhood!)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb