Time Out Today


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Dubbo
September 27th 2013
Published: July 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

The Pond outside the Restaurant, at the ZooThe Pond outside the Restaurant, at the ZooThe Pond outside the Restaurant, at the Zoo

Plenty of bird life, Swans, Ducks, and a number of tortoise
Geo: -32.243, 148.605

Did very little today and it was exhausting. We went to the Salvation Army Op Shop and Mick bought two more shirts, I picked up a couple of socks, then we went to the RSL, what a place it was huge. It did have some really good memorabilia from the different wars and some great photo's which told a story themselves.

They had three eating areas, pokies which there would have been 250, big areas for the TAB, an Alfresco area which itself had close to 50 pokies, Mick had a smoke there then we had lunch.

Members price was $10 for crumbed fish or battered. Mick had Roast Pork and I had crumbed fish, huge meal for $16.50 each. Members Draw is $10,500, they have on Thursday's, Friday is another Members Draw and Sunday's a Monster Raffle. It looked like they were doing very well, we called in because I needed cash and had not been able to find an ATM.

We then felt like a sleep so came back and rested and that is it. Except Mick is still bringing up the Camels!!. No Photo's from today but I have included a couple more from yesterday.

We intend leaving
This Black SwanThis Black SwanThis Black Swan

Stuck his head up when ever kids were around
early tomorrow, travelling to West Wyalong and as we pass through Parkes taking a look around then stopping in Forbes to have a look around. Hoping the trip will take around 3 1/2 hours. Mick is not keen on staying on the Newell Highway but we will see how we go. Very busy for Trucks but our drive through to Dubbo was pretty good, with double lanes most of the way, so we will see.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Black Handed Spider MonkeysBlack Handed Spider Monkeys
Black Handed Spider Monkeys

The worker put food in a cage on their island, outside the Zoo cafe and Mick watched one find his way in, then put a piece of fruit in both hands, one piece in his mouth, then with his tail picked up another piece, before leaving.
GIRAFFE'SGIRAFFE'S
GIRAFFE'S

There were 10 GIRAFFE'S in this paddock, when they heard the jeep they all moved towards the feeding platform.


27th September 2013

Shit those camels are big.
27th September 2013

Ha Ha Dad has had a ball with it, as has a few others, I don't think I will live this blupper down for ages!! At least I got the right one tonight and it was Giraffe's.

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb