Time to get back on the road


Advertisement
Published: July 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We have spent the last few weeks in Wollongong doing a bit of surfing (Brett), trips to the doctor for my broken toe (Kara), and checking things out in Sydney and the northern beaches area where we have never been. And they are some amazing beaches, and close enough to the CBD of Sydney,yet parts of the it feel like you could be hundreds of miles away. You can either get their by a ferry from Manly Beach or drive across the Harbour Bridge. There were some amazing houses, with the most amazing views. Gotta start buying those lotto tickets! Think it could be definately be a spot to add to the places to live.

Since we had a week in between when Brett has to be down in Melbourne for another skatepark, we decided that it was time for a little holiday (from our holiday, I know!!). And boy did we ever forget how great it is to be in our caravan (a.k.a camping trailer in Canada) and camping again! We headed back to Crescent Head, which is about 6 hours north of Sydney, and the weather couldn't be any better. It's been sunny and averaging about 21-24 degrees
Palm Beach, one of the Northern Beaches of SydneyPalm Beach, one of the Northern Beaches of SydneyPalm Beach, one of the Northern Beaches of Sydney

(and where they film Home & Away, one of the evening soaps!)
in the day. Not bad for winter! Although they are saying so far this winter has been about 4 degrees warmer than usual so far. But we aren't complaining! It is busier than we thought, but not to bad, and the waves have been really nice. My toe is healing, and I have gotten rid of the crutches, although still hobbling around on my walking cast, so I have my spot where I can watch Brett and all the little groms that are so good here. It is a really cool, mellow little town that has hardly been developed so it has been a nice little break. Don't need to drive the truck for the whole week. Gonna be a bit rough on Brett working next week after this week. And not so sure about the weather down there In Melbourne, alot cooler than here right now. Guess it will be almost a little taste of Canada for us down there!


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Dee Why beach on the northern beaches of Sydney.Dee Why beach on the northern beaches of Sydney.
Dee Why beach on the northern beaches of Sydney.

Think we might see if we can rent that apartment building on the point.
The new Apple store in Sydney, 2 days after it opened.The new Apple store in Sydney, 2 days after it opened.
The new Apple store in Sydney, 2 days after it opened.

3 full floors of Apple! Apparently the 2nd largest Apple store. For now anyways.
Brett and the local Crescent Head dog, not sure who he belongs to...Brett and the local Crescent Head dog, not sure who he belongs to...
Brett and the local Crescent Head dog, not sure who he belongs to...

We even saw him here when we were here back in December and he always seemed to pop by for happy hour.


Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1131s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb