Day 176 - Wellington to Cowra to meet Mel, Steve and Regan


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Cowra
September 19th 2015
Published: September 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Family get togetherFamily get togetherFamily get together

L to R: Mel, Georgi, Lenny, Steve, Reagan A great photo by Jess
Wellington has a really nice caravan park at the caves complex but we couldn't stay to tour the caves as we had to get down to Cowra where we were meeting Mel (Lenny's sister), Steve and Regan who were on their way to Noosa in Queensland for School Holidays.

We did have time for a coffee before we left though as there wasn't likely to be much open as we headed south.

Turned out that Molong (a little town) was holding a market day which preceded its Show Day and it was all happening at Molong. There were stalls and rides and exhibitions of motorbikes and cars and you could even get a ride in a helicopter (as well as a Harley trike). We stopped and had a late morning tea (or early lunch).

Georgi had always wanted to visit Orange so we detoured a little and drove through the outskirts of Orange until we came to their Botanic Gardens. We walked through the Gardens and had a late lunch at the Cafe next door.

From there it was down to Cowra where we had agreed to meet up with Mel, her husband Steve and nine year
Fields of Canola in Southern NSWFields of Canola in Southern NSWFields of Canola in Southern NSW

Fields of Gold (almost) when the sun is shining.
old son Regan. Also with them was Jess (Regans friend) who was being introduced to Noosa as his family was moving there shortly. It's nice and warm in Noosa Jess - enjoy!

We had a meal at the RSL club and introduced Georgi to Mel and family.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb