Jet Lag and a 7 hour road trip - match made in hell or what


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Coffs Harbour
December 2nd 2013
Published: December 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Have added a photo of the surfing santa's for you this is SO WRONG unless you live on this side of the world and it is SO RIGHT, ha ha

Well woke up at around 5.30am so my thoughts that I would be over my jet lag has just shot me in the foot. Well we have a 6 1/2 to 7 hour road trip to get to Mullaway which is north of Coffs Harbour where a few days ago a young lad was attacked and died by a shark attack. Seeing as we are staying on a shack on the beach me thinking need to be careful getting in the sea.

Well we have come just north of Coff's Harbour and to be honest it was so commercialised thank goodness we are not staying here and that is not just because of the shark attack I can tell you.

So we drove on and I must admit I feel I had been in the car for hours by now (yes, hours and guess what my bum can confirm this as it is numb). Actually we drove for around 7 hours and covered 550 kms or so. When you look on the map it seems only a few inches away from Sydney - this country is so big and it is hard to get your head around the distances you need to travel to get to places. I have seen an advert saying if you flew from Sydney to Coff's Harbour it would take you 1/2 hour - big note to oneself if doing this again FLY, FLY, FLY.

So we arrive a Mullaway and find our accommodation which is a fab little wooden shack it is really lovely. I think it must have been part of a beach campsite as it has a shower block where the loo is and it has a laundry - not sure about going to the loo in the night and them snakes and creepy ants and spiders - I wish I had not watched I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here - I might be shouting I'm Paula Get Me Out of Here!!!! in the middle of the night - fingers crossed!!

So by now we are really hungry as Mike does not like to stop when he is driving until we get to our destination, I could eat a scabby dog by now (only joking you would not believe I was a veggie for 6 years would you saying these things). So we find a local shop with a lovely new age lady who was so sweet and told us not to buy 2 of somethings as we were actually wasting our money, how refreshing or what. So we are snuggled up in this little wooden shack before heading down to the beach tomorrow - lets hope I get a good night sleep and don't mutter the words I'm Paula Get Me Out of Here because I can bet your bottom dollar Ant and Dec are not going to come running! I also hope I can get rid of this jet lag as it is now getting me down.

Well as I had no wifi (well what do you expect in a shack) I could not post my blog so you lucky people you are going to get a double wammy blog today.

So woke up this morning at around 8.45 am so woo too I think we have beat the jet lag - fingers crossed. We went down to the beach this morning and you can tell why it would be a surfers paradise as the waves were massive and not swimmable I can tell you. Plus I was looking for a fin (yes you guessed it a shark fin).

Anyway after chilling out we have gone into Woolgoolga which is a quant little place. So decided to ask in the first shop where can I get wifi. You would have thought I was speaking double dutch as they all huddled together and said not sure never been asked this one before. So we find a place to eat and ask the same question again the same reaction. Now I am thinking where am I is this real no one knows about wifi!

Anyway find an information hut and the little old lady came out of her knitting club to help me out. And guess what she said try the library this was after giving me every leaflet in the information shack - I am sure she has not seen a visitor for ages.

So now I am in the library and guess what I am going to post this blog to you all.

We are off to Brisbane tomorrow morning so hopefully the blogs will be more frequent - I am boiling here and it does not feel like December - wrap up well peeps!!!!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.332s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 42; dbt: 0.1207s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb