Coffs Harbour


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Coffs Harbour
February 21st 2012
Published: February 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 21 Feb Arrived at Coffs Harbour and boooked into the Park Beach Caravan Park (stay 4 nights and pay for 3 with TT disc $93). Coffs would be a good place to come and stay with kids as there are a lot of activities aimed at kids. Even the caravan park has the best kids pool we have seen with lots of fun things in the pool. Coff's is quite a big and busy place right on the ocean. Checked out the old jetty. NSW has had the coolest and wetest summer most people can remember - we have been lucky and missed most of the rain but the weather is just perfect at the moment - about 27 degrees since we have been here with just a nice gentle breeze to keep the temperature down.

Friday 24 Feb - Went for a drive along the beaches north of Coffs - Red Rock - great beach with lovely safe inlet for swimming, average caravan park but great outlook. Called into Woolgoola to check out the huge white Sikh Temple on the hill which we saw on the way to Coffs. This area has a huge Indian comminity because of the temple. Moonee Beach and Caravan Park, also with on an inlet which looked a great place to stay.

Saturday 25th Feb - Drove down to Sawtell for a drive and found this lovely man made rock pool right on the edge of the ocean. Then a young dad turned up with a beach umbrella and stuck it in the sand in the pool for his kids and I thought what a great photo it would be, check it out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



1st March 2012

Hello from Canada
WOW!!! finally there!! So nice to hear from you and just love the pics....Jim and I were there way back in 1968 so a lot of changes We would like to go there later... It's been bitterly cold here in Canada but enjoying it also, love the snow on the mountains etc so scenic, miss the warmth though... love to you both Dawn and Ric xo

Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0722s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb