The big Banana


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Coffs Harbour
March 13th 2011
Published: April 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We got ourselves all packed up and sadly left our beautiful apartment on the gold coast. We drove over to Janet's beach unit and we all walked down along the beach to the surf club for breakfast. It was a good last visit with Janet, Graham and Katie. We headed off down the coast again. We got to Byron Bay and lucked out getting a parking spot in the main part of town. We had a little walk around. It's a very artsy hip little beach town. Lots of backpackers around. We grabbed some stuff for lunch and stopped in at the information center. We decided to drive up to the lighthouse but we just took a look form the car as you had to pay to park up at the lighthouse. We got some good photos of the lighthouse. We continued on to Coff's Harbour which I was excited about because this is where the BIG BANANA is!!!

There is a lot of banana plantations around so they've made an almost theme park around Bananas. Unfortunately we got there after it closed but we were able to be super tourists and take pictures with the big banana. We drove down to the coast to check out the beach as it was getting dark. We decided to find a place to stay here for the night. We found a row of hotels along the highway and found one of the cheapest we could (still not cheap!) for a basic room but it was good enough for the night.




Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb