Day 5-Hunter Valley to Coffs Harbour


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Coffs Harbour
January 23rd 2010
Published: February 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

First thing on the agenda was to find a computer store recommended by the hotel owner. We drove for about 20 minutes and were about to pull over for assistance when we came upon the store, Harvey Norman. Pete and I were skeptical since the store sold bedding, furniture and electronics but we were surprised when we got inside at the electronics section.

We found a few different net books in our price range and then worked with the salesman on which one had an international warranty. The net book Pete really wanted was sold out but they sold us the display model , price matched the other store and gave us a free computer sleeve. YES finally after 4 attempts we finally had a net book in our hands at the price range we wanted to pay.

We then headed back to Broke Rd in the Lower Hunter Valley to visit a few more wineries before heading up the coast. We visited Kevin Sobels, Tempus Two, McGuigans Cellar, Brookenwood and then lunch at the Hunter Valley Garden shopping center. Another fun adventure and of course more wine was purchased.

Once we got back in the car we headed to Coffs Harbour about 5 hours north and back along the Pacific Ocean. We pulled into town around 7pm and found the Sanctuary Resort recommend in our travel book. Pete went in to get a room and there was only one left. Pete got the room and Mom & Dad were going to head to the next hotel.

Pete checked out the room and it had 1 queen bed plus 2 single beds. It was enough room for all 4 of us and only costs 75AUD. Best deal we have had yet. We even had free wireless and our net book was put to good use, as I was going through internet withdrawl by this point. We settled in then went down to the Jetty area to get some dinner. There was all kinds of food and I forgot to mention we have seen Chinese food everywhere we go but have opted not to eat it at all.

Instead we found an Indian restaurant which Mom and Dad had never eaten before. They decided to try something new and we picked the dishes. First we had veggie samosas, then we had 4 curries, rice and naan bread. I warned Mom that the dish she ordered said HOT which Indian food can be really spicy but she survived it. Pete tried her dish but it was too hot for him.

Back to the hotel for a night’s sleep as we had another great day in Australia.





Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0197s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb