Ground Force


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Coffs Harbour
April 12th 2008
Published: August 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We've been really busy trying to get the landscaping done on our home since we moved here last September. This was hampered by a very wet month in January. Now the ground is very hard due to the high levels of sun baking the clay and low rainfall of late.

After using a pick-axe to break up the soil, John unfortunately tore some ligaments in his shoulder which required a surgical rotator cuff repair. His right arm has been in a sling for the past 6 weeks but he is making good progress now. A frustrating time for John as he couldn't dive, drum or drive.

Our front garden faces west and in the summer get really hot so we've planted lots of succulents, cacti and full sun loving plants.

The next BLOG will show how the garden has developed over the last 3 months or so.

best wishes,

Steph and John




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



17th August 2008

Love the frog. Wish they were like that here in France - but they wear shoes here
My boys are just dying to come and hunt frogs now that they've seen this one chez vous. We caught a huge bull frog last week in California, but it was too noisy to smuggle back. But we did see a family of Chamois yesterday at about 2k altitude -and lloads of marmottes. Inundated with guests up here in the alps as usual. Just 2 weeks before we return to Paris although we may end up in London soon for business reasons.Much love to you both. Alaric.
18th August 2008

Lots of hard work has gone into this. Is the pool Olympic size?! It looks enormous. Look forward to seeing the real life venue next year. Love V

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb