Day 12 Chris's Dolphin Encounter


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Coffs Harbour
March 28th 2008
Published: March 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I booked this for Chris a long time ago - there is no way you can get a place if you leave it until you're here. Went to the Pet Porpoise Pool, which is near the beaches and jetty. A gorgeous, sunny day.
Found out that the show they do is on at the same time as Chris's encounter, so we'll come back again tomorrow and see that.
Had a look around, there are little penguins, 3 sleepy kangaroos, an emu, as well as other birds. Then of course there is a large aquarium with a turtle and a shark in it + lots of other large fish. BUT, the main event is, of course the dolphins, seals and sea lions. Again, the photos are going to speak louder than any words of mine can.
There were a few other people in the group with Chris. They spent about 45 minutes in the water with the dolphin trainer, who was very good. He explained everything, and the whole experience was one I am sure that Chris will remembert, and value forever. Although I didn't go in the water, it was special for me as well.
Afterwards had another look around then went to Coff's Creek for a coffee on the "Promenade". Had a very pleasant hour there - the kind of place you could have spent hours at with a bottle of wine! Bought some food for the fish there - the water looks like it's boiling when you though it in!!! Man who rents canoes out told us all about the fish - they are mostly mullet and bream. Then we did a bit of shopping, before gong back to our wonderful house - we really are going to miss it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb