Day 8, Easter Saturday 22nd March 2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Coffs Harbour
March 22nd 2008
Published: March 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Another lovely day. Started with Chris bringing me coffee in bed which was very nice. I slept like a log.
Spent the morning in the house/garden again. We decided to go onto the golf course to feed the ducks which are on a lake a few yards away. There is a brick built "shed" which the owner oif the house uses as his golf team's "club-house". You enter it from the garden (when you know where the key is hidden!!!) then you use the remote with the key on the electric golf buggy which is stored there, to open the door at the other end of the shed - you are then directly on the golf course. Well, I went out, with Chris following, and he so very nearly walked into this GINORMOUS spider web, with a ginormou spider in it!!!!!!! We looked around and there were others. Chris says they are not harmful, but they sure were big.
No ducks on theook the car down to the Maru lake, so we went back. Chris went on a bit of a spider hunt after that, and found several "red-backs" which he says ARE harmful, so he says he killed them, which I am not happy about, but there you go.
Took the car doqwn to the Marina and Harbour, and had a walk around. Walked along the beach, along the breaking waves, lots of people surfing down there. Walked over to Mutton Bird Island nature reserve lovely views, hope the photos turn out.
Called at the shops on the way home. Started to rain. A real downpour.
Watched a DVD The Bourne Identity.
The train has woken ther wildlife up in a big way!!! You should just hear the crickets (well that's what I think they are - Chris disagrees) He took a recording of the noise on his phone.
It's 8 o clock now, and dark, and they've calmed down a bit.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0792s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb