Day 20 - Tibooburra to Cobar and then Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Cobar
May 21st 2017
Published: May 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

From Tibboburra we have decided to hit the tar so we can get back to feed Stewie and Alf, whilst it was a big bowl and I lectured them for a full 20 minutes about a cup a day I'm not sure they got it. From Tibooburra we went down the Silver City Highway expecting to find Las Vegas but instead we ended up at Broken Hill again. Both ladies behind the counter at the Astra were fat and wearing tights and I was really starting to feel right at home again. Great coffee! I told Becs that we'd wait till Wilcannia to get lunch. What a charming town Wilcannia is. A number of lovely sandstone public buildings, a few closed stores, a pub that has steel doors and bars on the window and of course about a 100 itinerant indigenous people milling around the street. Cask wine looked unlikely. We also made the near fatal mistake of getting a couple of pulled pork rolls at the roadhouse (seriously what was I thinking). I still have a slightly queer feeling in my tummy. The funniest thing was that the lady behind the counter was an American backpacker who obviously lost on the Wheel of Visa 457 Jobs in Country Towns. The landscape is changing with taller trees and more greenery. There are a million goats and their kids along the road to Cobar. I'm a bit of a sucker for baby animals. The tent is now packed away and it's the motel life for us with dinner at the local Thai. That's it folks over and out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0744s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb