Australian Adventure


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Chinderah
March 10th 2015
Published: March 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hi travel followers.

Well time has slipped away yet again and it is now another three weeks since our last travel update.

After two very wet weeks at Alstonville (cyclone Marcia heading down the coast) we moved on to Mullumbimby for another two weeks at my sister Joy's place where "painting" was again strongly on the agenda. I.e. Joy needed her newly purchased Fruit Shop rejuvenated with a total paint strip back and multiple coats of paint applied to the walls and the "4.2 meter" high ceiling. While we were there Joy also needed some muscle to help remove the old refrigeration units (weighing almost a tonne each) and install the new units.

We did however manage to get a day off at the end to slip up to Minyon Falls and do the 2hr / 4.5km walk down to the bottom of the falls for some spectacular views.

After Mullumbimby we moved on to Chinderah (between Murwillumbah and Tweed Heads) so that we could do a trip up to Mount Warning including the 9km round trip walk to the top. I did this walk 40 years ago as a 19 year old and had forgotten how steep and difficult the walk was. Especially the last 400meters which is almost straight up the side of a cliff with only a chain to use for assistance. See photo's.

Tomorrow we intend to visit the Natural Bridge on the NSW / Qld border, but that will be for the next blog.

Hope you enjoy the photo's.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



10th March 2015

Great photos
Of Mt Warning and the falls. You worked hard too, I am sure Joy appreciated your help.
10th March 2015

Thanks.
Yes. The work was hard, but spending some quality time with my sister and her husband was also great. The trip to Minyon Falls and Mt Warning was also fantastic.

Tot: 0.191s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 24; qc: 112; dbt: 0.1216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb