Byron Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
January 11th 2013
Published: February 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


On the road again...

...to Byron Bay. Words cannot describe how much we loved Byron Bay. With its laid back vibe, gorgeous beach and numerous ice cream parlours (fuelling Georgia's addiction) we were in paradise. Despite the extortionate amount we paid for our beds at 'The Holidy Village' (Max sleeping in a storage room for $30 a night...no jokes.) it was worth every single precious penny. The hippy and vintage shops kept Georgia and Sophie entertained for hours whilst at night we made some of our favourite memories in the infamous Cheeky Monkeys and Woody's (Georgia met her future husband here. He was perfect.)

One day we ventured out to the peculiar town of Nimbin, famous for the hippy vibe originating from the Nimbin Festival in the 60's. With shops such as 'Happy High Herbs' and 'Bringabong' we had great fun exploring its excentricities and originality. We met some very strange people who looked like they hadn't washed in their entire lives. We don't think we've ever been offered so many cookies - not even in a bakery. pha lol. After nearly melting in the heat we were so happy to be going a yummy BBQ in the hills- that was until we saw the GINORMOUS huntsman spider... and it was only a baby. About 5 inches long. Nearly cried. More of an animal than a spider. Couldn't breathe. Couldn't eat. Couldn't remain seated. Awful.

Back in the safety of Byron, after one night out- Georgia remained awake to watch the sun rise due to a Scotsman throwing up in the bed below her. Was actually gross. He then proceeded to throw up everywhere else bar the toilet. Sophie on the other hand missed her alarm (her excuse was being kept up by her giggling Finnish roommate all night- weirdo.) and didn't join Georgia in seeing this incredible sunrise... The trek up the hill was the most exercise she'd done all holiday. Obviously Max wouldn't of even attempted this early start.

With some lovely friends made and our tans much improved it was time for our next stop!

muchos love

mwah mwah

gsm

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb