Byrons Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
December 15th 2011
Published: December 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This was definitely a nice spot, somewhere i wish I would've stayed for longer, but unfortunately i was counting the days at this stage for my last days in Oz before flying off to the US. So two days it was, to be spent at the Aquarius backpackers, a lovely spot, very friendly and again met some lovely people. Shared with lovely girls from Eastern Europe, Brazil, Sweden and Canada!!!

Here in Byrons, the weather was not wet but not boiling either so not really full beach weather. This was naughty in the sense that i ended up spending my days browsing the shops and spending money i should not have been spending! However, saying that, i have some lovely souvenires or pieces should i say from there and i will always remember this place as the wonderful, unique, vibrant place it was, albeit very hippy and chilled out at the same time.

Surfers were plentiful here and the beach was gorgeous here too. I didn't make it up to the lighthouse as it started to rain one afternoon when i was heading up there so ended up back at the backpackers instead and out that night to enjoy the madness of the town as it is well and truely alive at night too!!! Cheeky Monkeys was a fav i must say, but there were many other nice bars and places too. I will never forget the salmon and eggs benedict, which they called russian benedict that i had at the green cafe just near the hostel. It was mouthwatering i must say!!!!

In this town there were many buskers and musicians in general, all singing on the streets at night or jamming in groups on the streets for fun, not even for money. The general atmosphere was great and again i felt very safe here. A shame this was again such a short stop, but definitely another good one!

Final leg of the journey was the Greyhound nightbus from Byrons back to Sydney Central, left at 9pm to arrive next morning at 10am!!! urgggggggg last long night bus journey to be taken for many years or ever again! alleluyah!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb