The Beach at Byron Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
July 13th 2011
Published: July 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The beach has given us many good mornings. Yesterday was bright and sunny and we enjoyed the surf at our own Broadbeach. After sunning ourselves and digging our feet into the sand, Alex played at the nearby park for a little. A great park with all of the fun stuff that would never meet safety standards at home!

Today, we had the opportunity to meet up with our friend, Adrienne, who both Tom and I work with. She was visiting with her parents in Suffolk Park, just south of Byron Bay. Adrienne arranged to have her sister and nephews join us at the far end of Broken Head beach. What a great treat! Alex had other people to play with and we had the opportunity for conversation with other adults! We spent the morning digging and building sand castles, running from waves and watching the surfers. Thanks so much to Adrienne's family for equipping Alex with a bunch of new books, toys and games and for feeding us lunch. We were very proud of Alex - another new place, many new people and he was as pleasant as ever (pretty good for the 3 year-old who is trying to assert himself all the time with just us around these days.)


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Destruction!Destruction!
Destruction!

The best part of building sandcastles is the chance to destroy them all! Alex started with a shovel and ended by sitting on all the castles!


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb