goodbye surfers, hello byron...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
December 27th 2010
Published: December 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So, the last time i wrote anything, we were still on Byron and Mikey was on his way back to Brisbane to pick up our new van....

chilling on the beach was a lot of fun, until the thunderstorm came in......and with Mikey nowhere near Brisbane yet, Luke and i seemed very homeless. luckily, luke lost all his pride weeks ago, and has no problems asking for anything. this came in very handy as we were right next to a very posh health spa, and with Luke telling the lady behind the desk our story in dramatic fashion, ten minutes later we were sat in the hottest jacuzzi ive ever been in and spent some time enjoying the sauna and steam room as well. mikey was not to impressed when he got back a few hours later having got lost in Brisbane.

the next afternoon, after a nice beer and some cricket, we said our goodbyes to surfers paradise and headed towards Byron bay..considering its only a couple of hours down the road, it couldn't be any different form the skyscrapers and busyness of surfers. Byron bay has an old western look about it, but with a huge dose of laid back hippies and street buskers who are generally just travelers sat around singing. its definitely a cool place, and up there with one of our faves.

Still in the mindset of not paying for campsites we went looking for somewhere to park for the night. we found a car park dead in the center which was full of camper vans, and we set about spending the night here. all was good until about 8 pm when the police turned up and threatened everybody with a 500 dollar fine. not wanting to (or being able to afford that) a bunch of us set off to find somewhere to spend the night.... cue a lot of camper vans driving around Byron bay for an hour or so! eventually we found somewhere, and settled down for an early night. only to be awoken by a ranger at 7 am to move on. oops.

The next day we were actually desperate for showers and shaves, so we bit the bullet and paid $50 for a campsite in the center of town. a night out was seriously overdue, so after a lot of goon ( boxed wine, cheap and deadly.) Mikey hit the bed and luke and i set about hitting the town. by some chance, two German girls we met in noosa ended up on the pitch next too us, so the four of us went in search of cheeky monkeys, a club people rave about every time we mention Byron bay. it didn't disappoint and somehow, we bumped into the Sunderland boys again. they're everywhere these days....


Will post again alot sooner

scotty

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb