The Rough Plan


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Blue Mountains
August 3rd 2005
Published: December 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

AlsaceAlsaceAlsace

Do we really need an excuse to revisit?
Here are the details of our rough travel plans for September to November.

Lorenza and I are travelling to France with my Uncle Robert. The exact dates will change and are largely dependent on when the grape picking season starts in Alsace. Rob is hoping to do some grape picking in exchange for our accommodation. As you can imagine, much of this is relying on the weather, so setting exact dates is a bit hard. Plus, who really wants a travel schedule set in stone anyway?

There are a few reasons for our trip. One is that Uncle Robert has not visited France for some years. When Lorenza and I travelled there last year and caught up with our distant relatives they were worried why Uncle Robert had not been in contact with them for some time. So, when we returned home we suggested that Uncle Robert and I travel there this year so that he could catch up with the Knoeri family, while I do some more travelling around the area.

Lorenza originally decided she would stay home, but all the talk of France, Alsace, the Alps, the Netherlands, etc. convinced her to come along for at least a month. Hence the reason our travel dates vary a bit.

Also, Rob’s sister, Margaret and her family will also be in Alsace around the same time. Plus, we may bump into Lorenza’s father in Paris?

Anyway, most of the above is just means to justify the trip to ourselves! Do we really need any excuse for wanting to visit our friends and family in France and the Netherlands?

We intend using this travelblog to report on our journey for a few reasons, it saves clogging up our friends e-mail accounts with large photo files, plus it is much easier to up-load photos here than to our usual website.

(I have made an early start with this entry to try and work out how to use the travelblog. For those who may be interested, I will add some nuts & bolts stuff, like flight dates, times, etc. soon.)

Advertisement



20th January 2006

Katzenthal [FRANCE]
I'm live in this village, this name is Katzenthal ! If you want to talk contact with me : jejes11@hotmail.com

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb