6 Places Worth Visiting on the North Coast of NSW


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Ballina
February 25th 2020
Published: February 25th 2020
Edit Blog Post

The North Coast of New South Wales gives you a stunning array of attractions and activities to enjoy up close.

There is a reason why the North Coast of NSW is called the “Legendary Pacific Coast” because it is a coastal drive that you will never forget.

Along this northern coast of NSW, you will discover historic sites, small beach towns, wildlife, hinterlands, beautiful beaches, gorgeous waters, and national parks.

These are popular destinations for both local Australians and international tourists alike.

With so many beautiful attractions to visit along the northern coast, you might wonder which ones are worth visiting the most.

Below we have listed six popular places on the North Coast of NSW that you should check out when you are there.

North Coast Holiday Park




The North Coast Holiday Park at Ballina is the perfect location to enjoy a beach holiday in NSW.

You can dine out in many of Australia’s award-winning cafes and restaurants.

If you are interested in golf, you can play at the magnificent Teven Valley Golf Course.

Are you interested in visiting the most easterly point in Australia?

If so, you can visit Australia’s famous lighthouse called the Cape Byron Lighthouse

Once you get to the top, you will have magnificent views of the ocean and the landscape around you.

The Village of Seal Rocks




Are you looking for a quiet getaway spot in a beautiful natural setting? The Village of Seal Rocks can offer you this type of getaway.

Seal Rocks is a small Australian village where you can perform a variety of recreational activities, such as swimming, fishing, snorkelling, and boating.

Why not enjoy the great outdoors, and go on a nature walk enjoying the fresh air.

The Hunter Valley Vineyards & Gardens




Australians know Hunter Valley as a popular location for growing wine.

When you go on the wine trail, you will come across many wineries as well as a chocolate factory.



Anyone who wants to discover new wines and conduct wine tasting tests should visit the Hunter Valley Vineyards.

Also, the Hunter Valley Gardens offer all kinds of fun activities for tourists.



There are mini-golf courses, playgrounds, a miniature train, aqua golf, and spa treatment facilities.

You can even go up in a hot air balloon and get an aerial view of the ocean and vineyards from up above.

Bago Maze Near Wauchope




If you travel down a windy dirt road just 10 kilometres from the town of Wauchope, you will discover a hedge maze called Bago Maze.

It consists of 8-foot tall hedges that twist and circle around the landscape, which sits on a hill.

Next to the maze is a vineyard too. So something for adults and kids.



We recommend that you come to the maze in the morning because you will need a few hours to find your way out in case you get lost.

You can also visit the main building and talk with other visitors about the wine and the maze.

Byron Bay Markets



Byron Bay Markets is the perfect place to socialize with people, enjoy delicious food, and listen to great music.

You will find many local artisanal products for sale at this market too.



If you have children with you, they can get their faces painted as cool characters like Darth Vader or fairy princesses.

Byron Bay Markets is an excellent way to interact with the locals and experience their talents firsthand.

Dolphin Marine Magic at Coffs Harbour




Are you interested in educating yourself or your family about the welfare of dolphins and other marine wildlife? If so, then a trip to Dolphin Marine Magic in Coffs Harbour should be on your itinerary.

You will learn about how environmental issues are hurting marine wildlife and why it is a good idea to save their habitat.

Guests get to see six dolphins and eleven Australian Sea Lions in a water show where they perform gymnastics in the air and play games with each other.

These are just some ideas that the North Coast of New South Wales offers.



Image Pixabay License CCO

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0642s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb