Albury to Uluru


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Albury
July 7th 2019
Published: July 10th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Albury to Uluru


Albury to Uluru



Excited about our big journey, we left Albury with the car and caravan packed and now with a back seat full of kids.
Lachie and I (Sheree), have travelled Australia before, but this time we are ready to explore with our 3 girls - Isabelle, Lucy and Juliet.

Our first top was in Deniliquin at Willoughby's Beach. We found a nice spot to set up by the Edward river, camping next to Nan and Pa for a couple of nights.
We fed the ducks, and dropped our dog Holly off at Lachie's grandparents house after a very filling dinner. Holly will play with their little sausage dog while we holiday, as dogs aren't allowed in national parks.

We came across a Giant Murray Cod in Swan Hill, which was used as a movie prop years ago. The murray cod is Australia's largest freshwater fish.
It was a long drive in the car, and we stopped at Walla Walla Track in Murray Sunset National Park for the night.

We rediscovered Monash Adventure Park which has plenty of fun play equipment including a big flying fox, and a wooden maze.

After two more full days of driving, we overnighted at Port Germein South Rest Area, and Ingomar Rest Area.
Heading north, we arrived at Coober Pedy where we visited Umoona Opal Mine. It was very interesting, and we learnt about how opals form and discovered a huge Ichythysaur skull and giant ammonite (a big shell that used to be a type of squid).

Down the road, we watched a rescued baby kangaroo (joey) being fed a bottle and he sucked on his thumb after like a baby. The girls found this very amusing.
We drove out to the Breakaways before setting up camp at Pootnoura Rest Area. The weather was perfect for flying the kite as the sun set.

Another big day of driving, and we stopped at Kernot Range Rest Area.
Finally, we arrived at Ayers Rock Campground.
Uluru is a beautiful, ginormous rock, with lots of people trying to climb to the top. We did the 2km Mala walk guided by a park ranger, and saw Aboriginal paintings on the rock.
Kata Tjuta were close by, and we did a long walk called Valley of the Winds that traverses through the Olgas. It was very windy, and a beautiful view at the lookouts.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



10th July 2019

Thanks for the photos they are great,sounds like you are having a good
Time .Your beautiful dog is having a good time with jessie

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb