Last day in Canberra


Advertisement
Published: July 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

GiraffeGiraffeGiraffe

Or is it a Camel? I will never live that blooper down, but Mick insisted I take a picture.
Geo: -35.281, 149.149

Well guess what, we went to the Zoo and saw all sorts of animals including a Giraffe, it cost $70 for the both us to get in, thanks to Mick having his Seniors card.

It was so expensive to do close encounters which I would have loved. $170 to cuddle up to a White Lion or to pat a Tiger it was $60 for each of us. We decided to take a walk and see them for ourselves.

The White Lions were all asleep, but saw plenty of Monkey's and Meerkat's. The Sun Bear was as high as he could get on a pedestal and was not happy, just kept pacing.

A Tiger was also pacing and another one was asleep, which was the case with all the other animals except the Giraffe, which was in a small pen and was not a good look.

We then went through the Aquarium which was not much to look at either, Mick could remember going through tunnels with the fish all around you but that was not the case today, we were in and out within 15 minutes. Would not encourage anyone to bother, just was not worth it.

We left the Zoo after
SquirrelSquirrelSquirrel

Cute when he finally looked around
lunch and went to the Lookout on Mt. Ainsley, it was worth the look, they had plans of what they were going to build for Canberra, which were done from Mt. Ainsley, very clever and the view was great.

We called at a Nursery and bought a couple of Banksia's, it was worth the stop over before heading back to the Park for a snooze.

Heading of to Holbrook tomorrow on our trek but to reality, don't know what we will find there but I dont want to get home to quickly!





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Sun BearSun Bear
Sun Bear

Not a happy Bear
ColobusColobus
Colobus

Another Monkey, they were the only animals that seemed to be awake.
View of Canberra from Mt. AinsleyView of Canberra from Mt. Ainsley
View of Canberra from Mt. Ainsley

The city was planned from Mt. Ainsley and what they chose for the Memorial and Parliament House is exactly were they are today, plus five other important places.


19th January 2015

I think I can see a camel hiding !

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb