Thursday 25th June


Advertisement
Published: June 25th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We had a busy day today. We were up early and had a first stop at the AIS. We were broken into two groups and visited the major stadium, the volleyball, gymnastics centre, gymnasium and pool before spending 45 minutes in the activity zone.
After that we headed to old Parliament House where we visited the original senate. Here we meet Isaac Isaacs, the first Australian born Governor General and Quentin Bryce, the first female Governor General, played by our students of course. After that we went to Cockington Green, a minute village and went for a walk around there fanatic gardens. We then headed off for the lunch outside the War Memorial. Following lunch we spend 3 hours visiting the wall memorial which finished with the last post ceremony with each school laying a reath. The kids really understood the significance of the place and represented our school outstandingly, which they have been doing all week. Each location have commented on the great behaviour and knowledge of our students and your children. We finished the night with a game of bowling and home at 9pm. The kids are packed in anticipation for their final day and trip home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb