Day Two


Advertisement
Published: June 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

We have had a great day two. Our first stop was the botanical gardens where we had a short tour. We learnt about the different trees and flowers they had planted and even a man made rainforest.

We then split into two groups for old parliament house and the high court. At the high court we visited the 3 courts. Court 1 was for constitutional matter where they had 7 judges. Court two was the common court which was the highest court of appeal and the final court was a procedural court. The ceiling of court room one was 17 metres tall.

At old Parliament House we did a visit to the Electral Office. Here we learnt about the history of voting and why we vote. We then had a mock vote.
Our next stop was Parliament House where we visited the house of representatives during question time then the senate.
We the had our own house of reps where we passed a law for new TV add guidelines.

We got some photos out the front of Parliament House. At the same time Nathan Hindmarsh and Bryan Fletcher were doing a skit for Matty Johns Show.

Apologies that all groups are included in the photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



23rd June 2015

Canberra
Great to see you kids having a great time in the nations capital and learning our history
23rd June 2015

Canberra
Great to see you kids having a great time in the nations capital and learning our history
24th June 2015

Photos
Really enjoying the photos. I tried to save them and print for our 'You Can Do It' board, but I didn't seem to be able to save them and print. Anyway, we'll be able to do that next term.

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb