Leaving the Hot Aussie Summer....


Advertisement
Published: October 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Aussie Summers...Aussie Summers...Aussie Summers...

This is what we are going to missing out on. Sigh...
Well the time has come for me to leave my beloved home town of Canberra, Australia and travel half way across the world to be with a boy! Well mostly, i am also looking forward to getting out there and seeing the world and different cultures and basically to gain some much needed 'Life Experience'!

So i am heading over to the UK and will be playing hockey and living with Byron for 6mths. We will be travelling around England and Europe and will be trying to fit in as much touristy sightseeing stuff as we can, as well as hopefully discovering a thing or two you don’t usually hear about.

Our new home will be in Dunstable, England. Byron is already there, as he went over on the 20th of August to play Rugby with the Dunstablians Rugby Union Football Club and has managed to secure a great deal and has become an instrumental part of the team (so he says anyway!). I will be playing hockey for Luton Hockey Club for the first XI and the club is hoping to be promoted to the next league which i think means they need to win the comp they are in. So sounds like i might get to continue on from my St.Pats winning season with a Luton Hockey Premiership!

Anyway so it’s sure to be a great adventure for both of us, it’s my first time OS (New Zealand so Doesn’t Count!). Byron has been before on a 4week School Rugby Tour, but this is the first time that we have both travelled on our own, doing our own thing, So we are bound to get lost nearly every time we set foot outside of Dunstable!! So we are definiteky looking forward to meeting some cool new people who will be able to show us around the place!! IT sounds as though Byrons team mates are all good fun so thats a start!

The only drawback to this whole experience is that we will be experiencing 3 WINTERS IN A ROW!! And that means that we completely miss our awesome Aussie Summer, including my annual week long escape to the south coast! So we are hoping that we can distract ourselves from the freezing cold by travelling as much as we can in between Byron’s rugby, my hockey and work! 😊

Well that’s about all i have for now, i have included a map of where we will be going during our time in England, we are doing a Contiki Tour all through Europe over Christmas and New Years so am looking forward to that! And we are also going to Prague the weekend after i get there, which i hear is meant to be amazing and the most beautiful city in Europe!

I officially arrive in London on the 23rd of October, and will be sure to add another post once i can get to a computer to share with you my first experience on the very long and boring 23hr flight!

to all my awesome mates and my fantastic family (including you Odells), i am going to miss you SOOOOOO SO SO SOOOO much so you better keep me updated with all the shennanigans from back home and send me some photos of the coast and anything summerish so i can pretend i am there with you and not freezing my butt off!! 😊 And thanks heaps to everyone who came to my farewell, i couldnt think of a better way to say goodbye!


Take Care!

Em



Visited Countries Map


Advertisement



24th October 2006

Long hot summer
Yes well I may want to swap places with you during the next heatwave/ bushfire season. But we'll send you lots of photos and vids of Lake Conjola on our January holiday for you to study enviously. Love the blog, will write back when there's something to tell you, ie its boring here and you're not missing anything exciting! at all.
24th October 2006

now the cold english winter
Wow.. your finally there, all these weeks of preparation, finally come to fuition, now we all want to hear about your first impressions of England.,, besides the fact that its raining, cold and grey.

Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb