Canberra is far from Dull


Advertisement
Published: August 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We were all super tired after our bus journey...the junky up the back of the bus meant that we had to sleep with one eye open the whole way! Not happy!!! You could hardly see one ft in front of you when we arrived in Canberra...freezing and foggy! Not great! The story of Canberrra...the Capital is that it is really boring, nothing much to do or see and well its just full of bored civil servants and their equally bored children! As it turns out there is a little fun to be had but I can be forgiven for staying for only one night!!! We got breakfast then headed over to Ashleys dorm/hotel! Actual hotel, why didnt I go into hospitality!?! We chilled for a wee bit then Ash took us out for a walk round the lake...she was a great tour guide! We obviously would have known the difference so I am happy with teh info I got! It totally cleared up and it was a beautiful day. Apparently this is the norm, should have guessed that when our taxi driver had on shorts! We napped in the inferno that is Ashleys room! (her roommate is from Singapore and hasnt quite climatised...at all really! She keeps it tropical!) Ash had to attend her wine tasting class...again, wrong career move!?! We snuck down and got dinner for free in the student dining halls...what, we are poor travellers and the chilli was too good to miss! We all got ready and headed to a bar, Campus. We met some friends of Debs from Ios. The bar was fun and the guy to girl ratio was nicely in our favour! It doesnt hurt to look! The night ended with Claire and I practicing our Table tennis at 5am....I think I had a hole in my bat! Good times! We ended up being pretty good, at least thats what we thought and really thats all that counts! A few rounds of toast later and we were snuggled up in the inferno!?! Ash and Debs snuck us some more free food for breaky and were on our merry way to Sydney...only a 3hr bus journey this time...nothing to us! Well it would have been nothing to us if we had thought about the fact that we had hadnt eaten since 11am and we wouldnt be eating until 8pm, weak doesnt describe it! My tummy was ready to implode and we still had to catch a train to Jens (Claires cousins apt!) I wanted to cry...Claire got a hunger headache and Debs and I were trailing our tired wee feet...you'd have thought it had been days since our last feed! We were a pathetic bunch!!! First night in Sydney was a quiet one! We went out to dinner with Claires cousin and and met up with another one who happened to be in Sydney for 2nights on her honeymoon! Random! We had a much needed early night! Up early...the girls are off to Sydney and I am off to find my Hostel for the next few nights....

Advertisement



9th August 2006

Sydney
It is a great place to be ... I love Sydney! Unfortunately did not see Canberra... Have fun! If you thought the bus ride was long between Melbourne and Canberra, you have not seen anything yet hahahah... that is if you are going up the coast!
10th August 2006

nice to see
It does seem to be great,of course Fee you have to keep up with the frequenting of the bars.Be serious it looks great ,wish i could come and jion you ,but i am a little busy......xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlove you sis
14th August 2006

Touching base
It's great to read of your life in sunny Australia and to see you looking so good....meanwhile we are still basking in sunny Glasgow. Mum says you now have a job...in a bar no less....happy times. Wish I could have heard the Phil Collins song. Take care........oh and be good. :0)

Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb