home


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Australian Capital Territory » Canberra
September 23rd 2012
Published: September 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

It feels kind of strange writing a travel blog from home, but a large part of travel is the arriving home part. I often struggle with a bit of post-holiday flatness but it was great to come home to a green and budding garden and a nest box full of eggs.

Jono could not contain himself when we arrived home, after spending two nights in Wollongong at mum and dad's house. One minute he was sitting next to me and the girls as we ate lunch on the front lawn and then next he was up with the hose in one hand and pulling weeds out with the other. I think he still had lunch in his mouth!

As soon as the girls went to bed for their afternoon nap I joined Jono in the garden which was growing and budding and blooming and buzzing with bees. The car remained unpacked but the garden was watered, weeded and fed by the end of the day! The car still remained un packed the next day because our garden was host to the Canberra home organic gardeners society meet up. This was possibly a bit to take on the day after coming home... but you are only young once, huh? Today is Monday, Jono is at work and the car is still unpacked. Perhaps part of me is hanging on to the notion of being on holiday: while ever the car is still packed we are still not technically fully home! I have never been good at the unpacking part of travel.

Right, girls to feed and a car to unpack... eventually. Oh, and another trip to plan. Tossing up New Zealand, Tasmania or Western Australia.

Advertisement



27th September 2012

Ambitious
Well done guys on your energy -hosting a home gardeners organics meet on your first day back. Who needs an unpacked car anyway? Central Australia is also a pretty good place to visit if you want to add that to your list of possibilities.
31st December 2015

belated response
This is an embarrassingly belated response. We kinda wrote this blog and got home and then didn't look at it again for a few years! But... yes, Central Australia is on our MUST do list :)

Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 77; dbt: 0.115s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb