"Hump Day"


Advertisement
Published: February 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The Swag & The HumpyThe Swag & The HumpyThe Swag & The Humpy

This was our Home for the night, (The swag) and the awning looked like a Humpy, still it was only for one night, Hopefully
DAY 465, 466, 467 and 468

15,16,17 and 18th February 2010



Well hello again bloggers, we thought we had better do a bit more blogging to let you know what Kangaroojack has been up to this week.

Monday was my last day of being a man of so called leisure, as I had a meeting in the morning to iron out the final details of my salary package, as tomorrow I am starting as a Project Manager with an Electrical Engineering company in Canberra.

I managed to complete the negotiations with an amount of success, and look forward to starting tomorrow, (Tuesday) at my desk. It was something like 14th October 2008 since I last worked and I certainly look forwards to getting back into the hot seat.

The sun was beating down on Monday and I got my last weekday swim session in on my own which was good, we will still swim in the evening as it would be unfair not to swim with Caroline when she gets home from work in the evenings, as swimming is quite dull on your own.

Its quite strange really when I was a far
Taking the Wendy House offTaking the Wendy House offTaking the Wendy House off

This is the trailer covered in a tarp to keep our mattress dry, and the Awning has been unzipped frpm the Wendy House, (The Command Module) as is being supported with a piece of timber and a broom
younger Electrical Engineer, I always fancied working abroad, somewhere like Dubai, or Saudi Arabia etc, but now that is what we are doing, we are living another life 10,000 miles away from our old life.

I had a call today from the MD’s secretary of the Nissan Dealer I was telling you about, we have made an appointment for me to go and see him at 3.30 on Friday to discuss the “so called” bill discrepancies so we will wait and see.

Tuesday came and as I am at the moment still taking Caroline to work and collecting her, the quicker I can get Caroline into town then the quicker I can get myself in to work and as the new bloke I wanted to be there bright and breezy on my first day.

When I picked Caroline up she was obviously interested in what had happened in my day and it was no different to what I was used to, back home in Blighty. Well the day went well, nothing ground breaking to report, as it’s much the same as all the companies I have worked for in the UK, with the same problems and frustrations.
The HumpyThe HumpyThe Humpy

Our site looked a mess, but it had to be done.


Being my first day today and being a Tuesday we had to celebrate with a Pizza, which made it Cheap Tuesday of course! I think Caroline had a celebration on her mind and decided to add an extra topping to her pizza and as she wanted one then I had to have one, however when we booked on line we suddenly found that it would not be such a cheap Tuesday so we went back to the original idea of just a basic meal.

Wednesday and Thursday we did nothing rock and roll (unlike one of our fellow bloggers Barnaby Davis who is always doing something Rock and Roll!), both our jobs seemed to be going OK, the only hassle we have had this week is the on going fridge saga.

Evakool are still messing us around for our refund, they have actually got the fridge back now and have said to us that the internal basket is missing along with the12 volt power lead, which is still hard wired in to the truck they want to make a deal with us and not give us all our money back so we decided to dig our heels in, especially as they said that it would cost $200 to replace the lid of the fridge, which when we asked why, they said that it was not suitable for resale then we suggested that if it was not suitable for resale then it was obviously not up to the job in the first place, they seemed to back down after that.

Well Thursday was a crucial day for us as I intended to have the day off Friday (yes in my first week) but we really needed to get a new zip put in to the trailer tent and a few other modifications, the whole canvas top has to come off the trailer on Thursday evening as I have to take it over to Fyshwick on Friday morning to a specialist canvas company who are going to do the work.

It was quite a big job when we got home from work, removing the canvas, as the awning was up, we had to do a lot of messing about so the whole thing just didn’t collapse, apart from getting everything out of the trailer and put away as it would be left out in the open, leaving the awning up would still give us and some of our belongings a bit of shelter.

Finally the swag had to be set up as we now had to have something to sleep in and eventually we got to bed just after 10.00pm with a huge pile of canvas on the floor waiting to be transported in the morning.

I have to say the swag was great to sleep in, I think the last time was the 17th August the day before our Wedding Anniversary when we were at Undarra.

The only thing I thought was a little strange was sleeping at Canberra Motor village in a swag whilst our site looked more like a humpy.

Talking of Humpy’s or humps; the reason for this blog name is that on Wednesday when Caroline was getting into the lift, another girl got in and said “Thank god its Hump day,” which apparently means as its Wednesday, the middle of the week we are over the hump heading down the other side into the weekend.

Last thing Caroline was trying to make a bit of a gap in the canvas of the swag, although we wanted to keep warm she was trying to engineer that a little bit of light comes through to the outside world, normally we would sleep with the mosquito net exposed, but here we cannot so we pull the outer cover over and with a bit of fiddling there was a small gap just enough for a bit of air to come through and lose the claustrophobic feeling.

So that was our Monday to Thursday, Friday to follow.

Night all.

Kangaroojack


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb