Yellowstone Adventure. Lake Lodge to Signal Mountain


Advertisement
North America
September 24th 2014
Published: September 24th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Yell Day 18. Lake Village to Signal Mountain.
Overcast start to the day and onto short cycle path along the lake to the highway. Tony and Deborah saw a wolf on the shoreline path, a first this trip. Once on the highway there was a bull bison ambling along in the centre of the road in front of me. I had to wait for a car to arrive before I could pass. Apart from a bull elk with magnificent antlers bugling away later on this it was an uneventful day for me on the animal front. Bill had a lucky day he saw a woodpecker and in Jackson Lake a moose taking a dip. Some people have all the luck, or is he more observant? We rode over the Continental Divide and down a long descent which we rode up two weeks ago, wow. Eventually after many ups and downs and two coffee stops we arrived at Signal Mountain. What a spectacular place in the blazing sunshine by Jackson Lake. I walked on the shoreline and had magnificent views of the Tetons behind the lake and children throwing pebbles into the water. Maybe the best location yet and in twin roomed cabins with two beds each room and a communal central bathroom. The restaurant was very nice and we got a table overlooking the lake and the Tetons. Corbet's Curry Cashew Wrap with chips. Yes please. That is proper chips. In the US chips are fries and crisps are chips.

Stats. 70 miles. Ave 13.4 mph. Elev 2076. Ascent 706 m. Temp 6 - 20 deg. Cloudy am. Sunny pm.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 17; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb