Life at Port Hardy


Advertisement
North America
April 28th 2014
Published: April 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The ParkThe ParkThe Park

The walkway goes along the bay
Port Hardy is located at the northern end of Vancouver Island. It is about an 8 hour drive from Vancouver or a 1 hour flight. The island is accessible by both plane and ferry.

The Bed and Breakfast, Orange Tabby, is just across the street from the Queen Charlotte Strait. There is a park with a paved walkway that runs for several blocks along the water of Hardy Bay. Eagles fly overhead, landing in the local trees.

The purpose for this trip is really for Bekki to complete her dissertation project so my reason for being here is not only to take photos but to care for Emilio while Bekki works.

Tues and Wed was mostly caring for Emilio. The owner of the B & B brought us a stroller and toys for Emilio and the stroller was so great for walking the path along the water. We did a morning walk and an afternoon walk. I’d take Emilio out when he’d be tired and we looked for eagles, birds, otters and seals. We’d come in after he would fall asleep

Unfortunately I had claims work that needed to be done so that took up the times
An Eagle An Eagle An Eagle

The eagle that flew over our heads
when Emilio was sleeping. But there are worse places to complete work.

I’d posted photos on facebook for Dale and other family members to see and keep track of what we were doing. Once I’d posted the photos I realized that Dale would really love being here. He did make a comment about driving and while he was kidding I knew he really wanted to come. I looked at United.com and there was a fare, cheaper than either ticket Bekki or I had found. Dale was on his way.



We picked Dale up on Thurs afternoon at the little Port Hardy airport. Such an unexpected way to spend our week and we really were happy for the extra help.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.359s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1201s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb