Edit Blog Post
Published: December 13th 2012
up at 0345 for the 20 minute airport run,surprisingly everyone is up (Callum figured it best not to even go to bed- his plan to avoid jet lag). We leave Perth with the sunrise. Standard airline breakfast number 1. I do love Mundella yoghurt though! Thank you Qantas.Uneventful flight to Sydney taking just over 3 hours. Try not to watch the movie - something about a boy being a tree and on loan to an infertile couple. Have a very good cup of coffee in the lounge- resign myself to the fact that it will probably be the last decent one for a month.
Sydney to LAX is on an A380- very nice. Very clean, relatively roomy- not really roomy but i am trying to talk myself into it- it doesn't work, its not roomy.Sitting next to a very chatty elderly lady from Quebec with surprisingly good bladder capacity but no ability to stop talking. One toilet stop in 12 hrs 45 mins bladder capacity! So, for 12 hrs 45 mins I manage to achieve the following
* play 25 individual games of Trivia on my seat back personal entertainment unit (sbpeu) , I achieve top 8 status- all
8 slots! and, I now know a great deal about all manner of trivia (including sport!!!!!).
* have dinner
* learn all about the Quebec lady's grand tour of Australia and NZ, all 6 weeks of it on an almost daily account. Tell her that we are going to the USA for a month - I spare her the detail.
* watch an episode of "Bear Grylls in the Wild " on my sbpeu, most importantly however, it is the episode with Jake Gyllenghall - doubly entertaining!!!
* watch an episode of "Dangerous Addictions" on my sbpeu, this one features a couch cushion foam eater (subsequently developed a bowel obstruction and nearly died- and still has not kicked the habit), a sunbed addict, a toilet paper eater, an Ajax eater (who now has no teeth!) and a life sized doll addict- I'm not even going to go there).
* watch 3 movies
- "2 Days in New York"- directed by Woody Allen, wanted to see this in Perth, hooray. About a mixed nationality couple living in NY- black American guy and a French girl. Her kooky relatives come to stay, ilarious consequences, etc, etc.
Double whammy- Bear and Jake
7.5/10. I thought it was funny
-"Magic Mike" - male stripper movie with Mathew Mcconaughy, predictable, best watched as a $1 DVD from Bali on a girls weekend away. 5/10 (extra 1 point for MM's southern accent)
-"Your Sister's Sister" - another 1 i have been wanting to see (hmmmm, so that brings the Qantas flight down $24- bargain!). About a boy and a girl who really like each other but aren't willing to risk telling each other, the girls gay sister (who has broken up with her girlfriend of 7 years) who ends up sleeping with the boy (so as to get pregnant) and the consequences,etc, etc. i enjoyed it - a bit of romantic angst- 7/10.
* have a midnight snack
* sleep for ? 30 mins whilst listening to sounds of nature music on my sbpeu
* Sunday walk- figuring that even though it is still Saturday in the US,we aren't actually there so it is Sunday in Australia, therefore it is a valid Sunday walk for my project; A Year of Sunday Walks.
* have breakfast again
* listen to the "All i Want" CD by
Sarah Blasko on my sbpeu. Love this album.
* look out the window- islands
* look out the window - land,mountains and a Hollywood sign!
That was quick-so much achieved! All in all, a good flight. As we leave the plane Callum is suddenly covered in balsmaic and olive oil - someone has stepped on a salad dressing packet! Probably one of the old ladies from Quebec?!
0945 in LA, we are back on US soil (concrete).Clearing customs is painless, takes 30 mins.Wait for plane to Chicago, arrive in Chicago at 1930 - slept all 3 1/4hrs of it. Ooooohhh, its cold. Catch cab to our apartment. Walk to Bennigans- American pub style restaurant for dinner (family tradition), walk home and crash.
Sunday number 2 awaits.....
NB- sorry, this is soooooooo late, and.... No pictures yet, unreliable wifi and no time - pathetic excuses I know.
Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.08s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:saturn w:www (126.96.36.199); sld: 4;
; mem: 1.2mb