Day 25 - The Hotel 'Del' Pool and Beach


Advertisement
North America
October 1st 2012
Published: October 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 25 - Day by the Del Pool, Distance travelled - less than a mile up the beach and back!

It was a really quiet day today and our last day in San Diego before heading back to LA in the morning, so nothing at all to really interest or excite anyone over your morning coffee, rice crispies, baby feeding or dog walking.

The hotel is suddenly very quiet even with the latest batch of conferences underway and even the skies seem quieter with only a few flights in and out throughout the day, maybe we just arrived in the middle of a massive naval exercise last week.

We spent our last day lazing by the pool and I joined my new drinking buddy from North Cheam to watch the QPR vs West Ham game in our adopted corner of the bar. After that we actuality left the sanctity of the pool and using crowbars, Shas was detached from her sunbed for a walk on the beach. Coronado's beach is spectacular and the waves were crashing in for the surfers , but the water is bloody freezing so paddling lasted about 20 secs.

We returned for drinks on the balcony and to watch the final sunset, our new next door neighbours were also out in a big group. It turned out they were some of the cast of a touring Broadway show about Jekyll and Hyde and it provided a great opportunity to unload the last of the beer still filling the fridge and have a chat. Didn't recognise any of them at all but apparently the stars are quite well known over here!

Our final night and being so close to the border, we went for a Mexican on Orange Avenue called Miguel's Cocina where the Margarita's flowed. We finally found a restaurant in town that not only had other diners in it, but was still open when we left, however this didn't stop the waiter bringing us the bill TWICE during the meal before we had finished. Is there something about this face that restaurateurs of Coronado just need to get rid of?

We were back in the hotel by 10-00 and on the patio with the Irish coffees and coronas for the last time watching the latest conference guests falling off the beach back into the hotel after their welcome barby.

Sorry to the usual subscribers that this is even worse than previous blogs, difficult to write up a day on a sunbed, maybe tomorrow we will pass some tap dancing, woolly mammoths, driving a convertible on the I5 back to LA, or fly home with the entire cast of Friends naked on the top deck of the Virgin 747!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement




2nd October 2012

Thank you for the entertainment...
Jase, loved the blog over the last 25 days, not quite sure what I'm going to read over the morning coffee anymore and I guess the vicarious living has come to an end. Hope to see you down the Sportsman for a beer or two soon.

Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb