Blue Ridge Parkway


Advertisement
North America
November 1st 2010
Published: November 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The trip was awesome. The trees were changing to the beautiful hues of fall, red, yellow, gold, orange. Driving along the parkway was like a dream. The overlooks that we stopped at were mainly overlooking the valleys. The tree covered mountainsides reminded me of a patchwork quilt. we slept under the stars at different campgrounds in a tent. Natural Bridge was one of the stops on the trip. It was HUGE and amazing. it is hard to fathom a natural piece of earth making a bridge such as that. There was also Lacy Falls, which were beautiful. Another stop we made was in North Carolina, after traveling all day on the parkway, called Linville Caverns. The caverns had very interesting stories associated with their founding and the caverns themselves. After the tour, we explored the, I believe, Linville River. We jumped from rock to rock/boulder!...and got some beautiful nature pics.! More camping under the stars, hot dogs and hamburgers, fantastic scenery, and good company made for an overall enjoyable vacation.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Linville CavernsLinville Caverns
Linville Caverns

The largest and oldest formation in the caverns


Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb