Christmas Time In Navarre


Advertisement
North America
December 5th 2009
Published: December 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Moving on to Florida After the Thanksgiving extravaganza, I headed back to Florida with the Stephans - My Auhnt Kathy's family. They live in Navarre which is about 30 miles from the Pensacola and 5 miles from Eglin Air Force Base. My cousin Alisha drove with us and she told us about the bears in the area and the crazy bike lady that got ran over. For a shrine, the town fixed up her bike and pl... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Fondue Close UpFondue Close Up
Fondue Close Up

Here's a shot of the fondue and my new ring. We went downtown Pensacola and went into a Prague art gallery where they sold some cool glass. I bought this cosmic glass ring for $20.
Fondue on FireFondue on Fire
Fondue on Fire

Here's a shot of the Smore fondue on fire. Mashay had chocolate on the bottom with a big marshmallow blob in the middle and poured a couple of tablespoons of Bacardi 151 on top. A little flame and we had a nice flaming pot of goodness.
Tasty Burnt MarshmallowTasty Burnt Marshmallow
Tasty Burnt Marshmallow

The 151 flames lasted a few minutes and burnt the marshmallow and melted the chocolate. We dipped graham crackers into the warm chocolaty, rummy, marshmallow goo for that old campfire taste. Mmmm....
Scallops anyone?Scallops anyone?
Scallops anyone?

Grace loved the fresh seafood that Joe Patti provided so much that we had Ian and Mashay over the next night for more seafood.
Grace doing her magicGrace doing her magic
Grace doing her magic

Grace put all of the seafood into a paella mix from heaven with scallops, red snapper, shrimp, sausage, clams and huge clams. She managed to keep it all in the pot as well.
Finished ProductFinished Product
Finished Product

Here's Grace's masterpiece of Seafood Paella - a spanish dish. You can see the shrimp and the monster clam with Pecorino Romano cheese grated on top. Ian had a major 4" wide clam that he had to struggle with to get open. We were expecting that he'd find a pearl, but he only got a mouthful of delicious.
Two Young LoversTwo Young Lovers
Two Young Lovers

Two young lovers with nothing better to do than enjoy our double, double date - two nights in a row. Ian looks like he could be in a 50s advertisement digging into vitameatavegamin. Notice the Raiders riding shotgun and our beeswax candleson the left with Santa.
That's a FactThat's a Fact
That's a Fact

I make an astounding point in our joyful combination. Check out our beeswax candles from Asheville and our snowflakes in the window. We almost did get snow with a snow warning coming within 10 miles of Navarre.
Where are the dice?Where are the dice?
Where are the dice?

I caught Mashay in mid-roll here. I think we played 4 games and I won twice while scoring 354 in one game.
Two PairTwo Pair
Two Pair

Not a very good roll, but Ian is cheering her on!
Our Palm StreetOur Palm Street
Our Palm Street

Here's the street that we're stayed on. Lots of $100,000+ rigs in this lot - but even more 5th wheelers.



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1009.1kb