Sidney, British Columbia


Advertisement
North America
November 23rd 2009
Published: November 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

A few photos from Sidney, British Columbia...This charming little island is home to many retired people who use bikes to get from one place to another. The airport we use is in Victoria, though our hotel is actually right on the water in Sidney.

This is one of my favorite overnights. The hotel is first-class with a running path that snakes along the water around the island. The workout room is the best of all the hotels we use and it doesn't hurt that the rooms provide bathrobes, slippers and a Philips Senseo coffee maker! The coffee is so good I've ordered one from the manufacturer for use at home...it's the best coffee I've ever tasted!

Tiny little cafes and restaurants litter the little island and there are whale watching tours! One day when we have a long overnight there, I'll hop aboard one of the whale watching boats. AND I'll get to the famous botanical gardens just outside of Victoria! One of these days....




Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

The Tin ManThe Tin Man
The Tin Man

This rusted figure is just outside of our hotel.
Pigeons (and other birds)Pigeons (and other birds)
Pigeons (and other birds)

Birds sunning themselves on the pier.
Hotel 1Hotel 1
Hotel 1

The beds are SO comfortable! And only feather pillows, of course!
More Pigeons (and other birds)More Pigeons (and other birds)
More Pigeons (and other birds)

Why do I love pigeons? Because every city in the world has them! Though technically, they're not ALL pigeons...
Sidney Hotel & SpaSidney Hotel & Spa
Sidney Hotel & Spa

I believe we stay in the finest hotel in Sidney. This is the view from the pier.


25th November 2009

Semper FI
Glad your having fun young lady TAKE CARE lucky girl

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb